Monday, December 22, 2008

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

In 30 minutes I'll leave the house to start the journey to Denver. I'll leave the house on foot with a bag over my shoulder and another in tow to walk to the bus stop. The bus will bring me to the train, which will bring me to the airport. Then the plane to DIA. From there I take a van to Arvada. Then I'm hoping my parents will pick me up in the car to take me to Lakewood. A five hour trip and six different "coaches" will bring me home.

So it is with "life" coaching, is it not? I need to remember that as a life coach I am a link in the chain that God might be using to bring someone along. I can look back at significant men in my life who God brought my way. Certainly my Dad in more ways than I can count. Bob Warner, my first boss at Yellow Front was a kind-hearted business man; Jerry Farnik was my first Bible study leader and he discipled me at the University of Colorado; Richard Truman sought me out to teach me the Bible when I was a new believer. Helmer Dicksved, my first friend in Minnesota, modeled love and faithfulness. Most recently, Stuart Palmer has been an example of an encouraging life coach. Certainly this is only a handful of the ones that have coached me over my life.

That is how God works. Each of us can look back at a mosaic of men and women who have shaped who we are. But it is God working through them, making us into the child of God that He is calling us to be.

We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. Col 1:28

No comments: